Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cat scratch fever!


The last few days have been a bit difficult. Bridget has been acting strange. Yowling and crying at all hours of the night so we don't get any sleep. She has just been acting very agitated and I thought she might be sick but she is eating fine. Then I did some research and found out that she is at the right age for her first heat. Poor Bridget! I wish there was some kitty Midol I could give her.

So we made an appointment to get her fixed on Monday. I know it's a routine, standard procedure and most likely she will be fine. But I am very worried and I wish we didn't have to do it. But I think it's a good idea. Cats can go into heat very frequently and it will help her to calm down a bit. I just hope it goes well. Please pray for Bridget on Monday or send good thoughts her way!

3 comments:

Alicia Chenaux said...

Aww, I wish Bridget and my Mr. Kitty could get together just once. They'd have gorgeous black & white babies. :) But she will feel better afterwards. I've had many cats in my life and they do get calmer afterwards. Of course, most of mine got really fat too, but I could never tell if that was due to the surgery or just me overfeeding. LOL

Aimee said...

Thanks Alicia :) I didn't really want to fix her but I think it's best. She doesn't seem very comfortable in this heat thing. she's rolling around on the carpet right now making strange chirping sounds. another sleepless night lol.

Bitter Chocolate said...

Aww, pooor little thing, I hope she'll get better soon. If you wanna take your mind of that with some silly stuff, I've tagged you with yet another tagging chain thing (though it's the first one for me)... anyways I'll be thinking of you and Bridget tomorrow!