Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September is awesome!



I took my second driving test today and I ......PASSED!!!!! I am so relieved and so happy. I don't know what I would have done if I failed it again. We are moving to Utah soon and the closest DMV is very far away from where we will be living so I really wanted to have my license before we moved. I didn't hit the curb this time thank goodness. The poor kid who went before me went over the median and popped a tire. But everything went smoothly and I'm a licensed driver now and it's amazing how much more fun driving is when I don't have a test looming over me.


I also recently came back from my sister's wedding in Canada. It was so much fun and so good to be with my family again. Rachel looked beautiful and it was such a good reception. Everyone was relaxed and happy. Even with my divorced parents and aunts and uncles and the various new spouses. Everyone was considerate of Rachel's special day and put all their tension aside. The family dynamics can be hard sometimes but I was proud of them all for being gracious and mature and kind to one another. It was actually the first time in years that I saw my father and mother in the same room. And it was nice that they were civil to eachother. Even friendly. I'm so glad it was good for Rachel because I know she was worried about it.


And Rick and I are officially engaged!!! He surprised me one night and I said yes. And I'm happier than I ever imagined I could be. I never thought about marrying someone until I met Rick. It just feels right and natural and wonderful.
Just a pic of my family after the ceremony. My mom was the minister and I'm on the left. And an adorable picture of Bridget that Rick took. She's such a camera star!

7 comments:

Joonie said...

AIMEEEEEEE!! Congrats!!! OMG! I can't believe it....after everything and all the tears and love and work...keeping your faith in Rick...wow!!

I think I'm going to cry! Happy tears, tho! Love you both.

JJ

oh...and what a beautiful bride, and bridesmaid/maid of honor! :)ly. :)

C said...

Congratulations on test.

Also glad to hear the wedding went well, mixed and extended families can cause stress I know, so it's great when it turns out well.

Heather said...

What a happy post! And the sweetest picture of Bridget The Traveling Cat at the end is like icing on the cake!

Bitter Chocolate said...

Wow, congratulations on the engagement, that's just amazing! And Bridget is endlessly cute!

Hugs!

Joonie said...

ok, now that I've regained control of my hysterical joy...lol...

Bridget is adorable! And congrats on passing your driving test! Were you nervous? Did you parallel park? I hated that part of it...LOL

*hugs*

Alicia Chenaux said...

Well look at you with all this good news!!! Congrats on the license AND on the engagement!!!!

Trouble Houston said...

Congratulations for your driving license! I needed five exams before I got it! Only one advice (I know not needed): But please drive carefuluy.