Monday, September 29, 2008

Food meme. Yummy!

I saw this on Alicia and Dyami's blogs and I love food so I thought this would be fun! I excercise every day because it gives me energy and helps me maintain a healthy weight. But I'm not a dieter. I believe it's good for me to enjoy anything I want in moderation. Otherwise I feel deprived and resentful and that's not fun. I'd rather enjoy my food than be a size zero!
So on to my favorites!

Breakfast: Anything from IHOP. Especially the Rooty Tooty Fresh n' Fruity. Or the new fruit crepes they are advertising now. Thin fluffy crepes filled with a sweet cream cheese and fruit filling. I celebrated my successful driving test with one of those! If I'd failed I would have had one of those to cheer myself up!

Pizza: I like thin crust pizza with olives, tomatoes and feta cheese. Poor Rick likes pepperoni and mushrooms or bacon so we don't usually share an order. We both love a nice Sangiovese red wine with our pizza. Yummy!

Ice cream: I can't choose. I love all ice cream except for bubblegum flavored. I love hot fudge sundaes. I love Coldstone most of all!

Caffeinated beverage: I love flavored coffee but I can only drink it in the afternoon or evening because it upsets my stomach in the morning. So I don't end up drinking a lot of caffeine beverages because they'll keep me awake at night.

Vegetable: Asparagus and certain types of squash. At Christmas my Grandmother made this turnip dish with maple syrup, brown sugar and apples. It was like a dessert. But I'm not sure that counts as I'm not a big fan of turnip if it isn't drenched in apples, maple syrup and brown sugar.

Fruit: Granny Smith apples and peaches.

Dessert: How do I love dessert? Let me count the ways. I love chocolate cake with thick gooey icing. I love creme brulee. I love ice cream cake, cheesecake. You name it, I love it. My newest favorite dessert is something called a "Mormon Scone" I don't like scones as I've known them. They are dry tasteless tea biscuit type things. But on a recent trip to Utah I had the mormon version of a scone which is a yummy, fried, doughnut type thing with sugar or cinnamon. It's amazing. And so fattening. I could feel them settle right on my thighs. And it was worth it!!!

Fast food chain: Being from Canada, I have to say Americans know how to do fast-food! There is so much more available here!!! And I have to go with Alicia here and say Sonic is my favorite. I love their drinks and burgers and wraps and their cheddar poppers and how you can get breakfast any time of the day.

Store bought soda or beer: I like Coke Zero. It tastes better to me than diet coke. I'm not a big beer drinker at all but I've been known to enjoy a Corona with lime.

Type of cuisine: Mexican, Italian, would sushi be considered Japanese cuisine? Because I love sushi.

Wow. That was fun. I'm really hungry now too. Time for dinner!

1 comment:

Dyami Jameson said...

I love IHOP too. We go there to have breakfast for dinner quite often. I usually have some trouble on trying to decide what I want to eat though. I have so many favorites there.