Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bridget

We have Bridget with us again! Last night we picked her up from Rick's daughter's house. She looks so healthy and she's put on weight. She's also got a lot more energy. She wants to play ALL the time. I slept ok last night but she woke us up very early.
I'm not sure what we will do with her. We aren't supposed to have pets here but we feel kind of responsible for her now. Do we just bring her to a shelter and hope for the best? We've given her a good start. It's just hard. What if she doesn't get adopted? Or what if irresponsible people adopt her? We are involved now! Unfortunately, she still has fleas. Not as many as before but enough to be a nuisance. We'll need to take her for a flea bath and a vet visit. I can't stand them. They are so creepy and ugly. I found one on my arm this morning. She doesn't seem bothered by them but I sure am! :)
She's sitting on a chair right now staring intently at my pet fish and my toad. She's such a magnificent hunter!

4 comments:

Alicia Chenaux said...

Rather than take her to the pound or another kind of pet shelter, why don't you try posting an ad in your local Craigslist? There are often people looking for pets, and Bridget sounds like a real joy. :) If I lived closer, I think I'd come take her myself!

Aimee said...

Thanks for the idea Alicia! I think we will look into that. Or maybe we'll keep her??? lol. I am so in love with her I don't care if we get evicted. haha I just want her to have a family that will take care of her properly. This whole adventure has really opened my eyes to the plight of stray and unwanted animals. It makes me really sad and makes me want to do something to help. In any case, I'm going to take care of Bridget as long as I can!

Joonie said...

I hope you can keep her, Aimee. :))

Bitter Chocolate said...

I'd probably throw a fit if I found a flea on my arm LOL I wish you could keep her, I'm sure you make a wonderful pet owner (unlike me :D)