Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm Back!

The trip to Canada was a great success. Nothing bad happened. The flights were easy, the luggage was not lost, no car accidents or injuries. It was very interesting to be back in my hometowns again. Everything looked lush and green. Southern Ontario in the summer is like that. And very humid. I've become accustomed to the the dry California air so it was a bit of a shock. Like breathing in wet cotton. But it was so good to see my family again. And I loved having Rick with me. It was the first time he met my father and my sister and brother. My mother came to visit us a few months ago with my other sister but the rest of the family had never met him before. It kind of brought my "two worlds" together at last.
My mother is recovering well from her surgery even though she had a bad relapse just before we arrived. She's feeling better day by day and I was glad I could see her and know she will be ok. She put us to work doing all the things she can't manage right now. She's a bit of a taskmaster actually. Even when she isn't sick! But that's my mom and I love her.
Even though we had a great trip, I was so glad to get home and be in our own place and our own bed again. I think we are a bit tired from all the running around. And I'm glad to be back online and catching up on all my favorite blogs!

4 comments: