Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bridget the Lost Birthday Kitten




I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long! I've been pretty busy and haven't made time. Rick and I are going to Canada in a few days to visit my family. It's Rick's birthday today. He doesn't like to celebrate it very much. He doesn't even want a cake with candles!!! But this morning a little birthday gift showed up on our front doorstep.

Her name is Bridget. We named her after Bridget Marquardt from "The Girls next door!" She's so tiny. I think she belonged to a wild mother cat who we saw roaming around the apartment complex with two little kittens. I don't know what happened to the mother but I very much doubt this kitten would be alone if she was alive. She was such a good mother to them. She was crying so much. She's very thin and ate some turkey bacon hungrily. Rick went out and bought some shampoo and flea medicine because she was crawling with fleas. I've never seen anything like it. We gave her a bath which she hated. All the fleas crawled up to her head and we tried to get them all off but it was hard. I think we got most of them off and the medicine we put on her back will kill the rest. She's exhausted right now from all the excitement. She's sleeping comfortably on the couch.

We are going to keep her until we find a no-kill shelter that will take her. We would love to keep her but we're not allowed to have pets in our apartment. She's very sweet and lovable and trusting. She loves to be cuddled. If anyone reading this lives in southern California and would like to give Bridget a home, contact me at aimeepug@hotmail.com.

1 comment:

Alicia Chenaux said...

OMG, I wish I lived nearby! She's precious! That's how we ended up with our Mr. Kitty. He just came to the backdoor like he belonged here. Boooo for apartments that don't let you keep pets!