Thursday, July 3, 2008

Update on Bridget

Well Rick and I are exhausted. It's so hard taking care of a kitten. We've also been waging war on the fleas for the past two days. She's doing a lot better now but we don't really know what to do with her. The shelters are not very easy to get in touch with and the no-kill one we wanted to bring her to wouldn't take her because we don't live in that particular area.
Rick's son and daughter decided to take her for us because we're going to Canada soon. When we get back we can try to find her a good home or a good shelter.
When we dropped her off she was all calm and sleepy in my arms. Then she saw the dog. It's the nicest dog. Just a big puppy. But Bridget went crazy when she saw him and dug her claws right into my skin and howled and hissed like a demon. I guess she doesn't like dogs very much. But she has a nice safe place to stay in one of the bedrooms and they will take good care of her.
I miss her. I know we will sleep well tonight. I was too excited to sleep last night. She was very good and slept the whole night but I kept waking up in case she started crying or had a problem.
Now all there is to remind us of her is her food dish and a few stray fleas. I hate fleas!!!

3 comments:

Trouble Houston said...

Your cat is so lovely. Please caress her from me.

Aimee said...

Next time I see her I will do that! She is being taken care of by Rick's kids for now but I will see her again soon!

Joonie said...

Aww....she's so pretty! Aimee, you know, she probably would have died if you and Rick hadn't saved her.

I hope you find a really good home for her. Altho it sounds like she already has one! ;)

Have fun this week! *hugs*