Sunday, June 1, 2008

Back to blogging!

I've missed blogging. I like having a place to write down my thoughts and explore my feelings. It's my own little corner of cyberspace. It's my little voice making itself heard. I started a blog last year. I had immersed myself in a virtual world called Second Life and it really had a big effect on me and how I saw the world. It helped me become more of the person I wanted to be. And I needed a space to record all those thoughts and feelings.
A lot of things happened to me in Second Life. I made really good friends and had adventures and I changed. I became more outgoing and more confident and this carried over into my real (first) life as well.
I also found love. A real, true, amazing love more powerful than I ever thought existed. This was exciting and wonderful but it was also a little terrifying. Because how could a love like that exist when it was born in a game? A virtual world?
But love is a powerful thing. After a lot of turmoil and heartbreak and fear and doubt, we found the courage to live our love outside of the boundaries of our virtual world. And it's been so much more magical then I ever thought it could be.
So this blog is about my third life. And how I'm learning how to bring the magic I found into this life. I hope you enjoy it!

"Sounds of laughter, shades of life are ringing
through my open ears, inciting and inviting me.
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns
and calls me on and on across the universe"

-"Across the Universe" by the Beatles

2 comments:

Joonie said...

Aimee! It's so good to have you back! I've missed your insight. =)

It as great chatting with you last night. Thanks so much for that.

Hugs! Gracie

Trouble Houston said...

Welcome back! I have missed you and your blog. It's wonderful you're back.

Tr.