Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hi again!

I've missed my blog! I've been on the go the past few days and haven't been near my computer long enough to post anything. Last weekend, Rick took me to wine country for the weekend and we stayed in a beautiful bed and breakfast and had a great time. It's been really hot here recently so on Tuesday we went to a water park and had so much fun on the water slides and in the lazy river.

My mother had a hysterectomy today. I was so worried about her. Her surgery started at 9AM EST and so at 6 am PST I was up and praying hard for her. I spoke with her tonight and she was so high on morphine that she was slurring her words and sometimes she would just stop talking mid-sentence for about a minute and then wake up again. She seemed very happy though. She raved about the turkey dinner she ate that night and how she was lucky enough to have a private room. Apparently her roommate got really annoyed with her drugged up rambling and asked to be moved! She got a bit weepy at the end of the conversation. She said she was sad to see her uterus go. I told her she should be proud and it served her well. Now she will be free of it and won't have to put up with all the troublesome things it does. That cheered her up some. She even suggested she get it bronzed. Then she started giggling again. I'm sure she won't remember the conversation tomorrow.

Do any of you have guilty pleasures? I've gotten hooked on this show called "The girls next door." It's about Hugh Hefner and his three girlfriends, Holly, Bridget and Kendra. It's been on for awhile but I've never seen it before last week. The three girls are really bubbly and funny and have their own individual personalities. And their lifestyle is so ridiculously over the top it's fun to be a voyeur on that kind of lavish living. And they are all so young! And Hef is in his eighties now! I used to think there was a big age difference between Rick and I but we've got nothing on Hugh and his girlfriends! I asked Rick if he would like three girlfriends and he said that he's more than happy with me. And I have three personalities; Astrid, Sorcha and Aimee. He says that's quite enough for him! hahaha Good answer baby!

And finally, both my little sisters are getting married! My youngest sister just got engaged and they are getting married next year. And my middle sister has been engaged for about five years and finally set a date for September of this year! Which only gives her three months to plan it. I'm a bridesmaid at both so all they talk about when I call them is weddings weddings weddings. It's exhausting. I've never been much of a girl for fantasizing about big weddings. My wedding to Rick in SL was a fantasy and all I had to do was point and click to get a dress and flowers etc. And I didn't have to deal with all the family politics that my sisters are dealing with now. Ex-spouses and estranged relatives and all that stuff. When Rick and I get married, I want it to be small and quiet and we'll say our vows from SL to each other. But I'll try and be a good bridesmaid to my sisters. I've always wanted to be a bridesmaid so it's kind of exciting :)

Sorry about this rambling post!! I've just been writing about what's been on my mind lately. I miss the BBB challenge. Maybe I'll do one for myself and set topics for myself everyday!

2 comments:

Alicia Chenaux said...

I *LOVE* The Girls Next Door!! I even tried to make my avatar a bit like Holly Madison. If I were younger...and thinner and blonder and had a nice rack...I'd so go and try to be one of Hef's girlfriends. LOL

Hope your mom gets well soon!!

Joonie said...

I don't know that show but now I want to see it! LOL I just think you and Rick are the most awesome couple! I love the things you guys do together and all the fun you're having. And all because you weren't afraid to risk and be vunerable. Love THAT!

Hope your mom is doing better and that she remembers your talk! :) A bronzed uterus? Funny! ;)