Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dreams



I'm a vivid dreamer. I can usually remember my dreams except on those mornings when as soon as you wake up the dream starts slipping away. It's like trying to hold on to water. My favorite dreams usually have me waking up laughing out loud. My face actually hurts because of the big smiles and my throat hurts from laughing. It works the other way too though. Sometimes if I have a sad dream I'll wake up with my pillow wet from tears.


When I was in Second Life a lot I started dreaming about it. I would dream that I was actually Sorcha and I could fly and I had the perfect body and a magnificent wardrobe! But most of the time I was Sorcha in my RL. And in my SL dreams I was myself.


I remember one dream I had just a few weeks before I went to visit my sweetie for the first time. I dreamt we were in a desert we had found in SL a few days previously. I was worried that the sand would be too hot and would burn my feet. I was also a bit concerned as to how I would manage to climb up the mountains of rock all around us. Rick was with me in the dream and he had some special boots he gave me. They were silver and looked like what I call "moon boots." When I put them on I could walk on the hot sand without burning and I could bounce up the rocks like they were nothing. It was such a feeling of freedom and ease. I woke up smiling and feeling so giddy. The dream stayed with me all day and I still remember it so clearly. I wasn't nervous about meeting him at all after that dream!


Here are some pictures of Astrid dreaming at our home in SL. I just love her new shoes!!



"Though the dawn may be coming soon

There still may be some time

Fly me away to the bright side of the moon

And meet me on the other side"


-"Dreamweaver" Gary Wright




No comments: